United Kingdom
New Zealand
South Africa

UK Work Permits

Visas, work permits and entry into the UK

As a citizen of a member of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, just to present an identity card in your country or a passport to enter the United Kingdom: no visa n ' is required for these nationals.

You can sit freely in the UK, with members of your family, without the need for visas (except in special cases, especially when family members are not EEA nationals).

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. Switzerland is not part of the EEA but its nationals enjoy the same rights.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not the consulate or embassy of your country that you must take steps to apply for a visa or permit, but with the British authorities.

Nationals of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not need a residence permit to work in the UK.If your spouse or children are not nationals of one EEA country and you are yourself, you should ask them a residence permit.

Nationals of countries that joined the EU in 2004 and after (mainly Eastern Europe) will not apply for a residence permit for family members after working at least 12 months in the UK.

To avoid having to wait that long, it is possible to apply via a special "family member residence stamp".

Business Migration
Highly Skilled

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Software